“Fitness is the criteria of being physically and mentally fit with optimal health. It is the potential to perform day to day tasks with robustness and alertness, in the absence of undue lethargy, along with abundant energy to relish life“
Types of Fitness
- Physical fitness is a state of health and well-being and, specifically, the potential to perform facets of sports, professions, and day-to-day activities. Most Importantly physical fitness is mainly achieved through proper nutrition, moderate-vigorous physical exercise, and sufficient rest.
- Mental health, by the World Health Organization (WHO), is “a condition of well-being in which the individual grasp their abilities. Cope with normal stresses of life, working adequately, fruitfully, moreover is able to create a contribution to his or her community”. As per WHO, mental health comprises “subjective welfare, liberty, competence, intergenerational dependence, and self-actualization of one’s cerebral among others”. Secondly from the perspectives of positive psychology, mental health might include an individual’s ability to enjoy life, to balance between life activities and efforts to achieve psychological elasticity. In Addition Cultural variations, subjective evaluations, and engaging professional theories all affect how one defines “mental health”.
Importance of Exercise –
- It automatically makes you feel Happy – It enhances the production of a hormone namely endorphin which improves your mood and reduces depression and anxiety.
- It facilitates Weight loss – Regular exercise increases metabolic rate that results in burning more calories and help you loose weight.
- Enhances Muscles and Bones – Daily physical activity releases hormones that promote the ability of your muscle to absorb amino acids. In addition when paired with protein intake enhances bone density and muscle mass.
- It can improve brain health and memory – Exercise spikes the blood flow and the level of oxygen in the brain. Likewise it encourages the release of brain hormones that produce cells in the hippocampus, which is a part of brain that controls memory, learning and reduces the risks of cognitive mental diseases.
- Improves skin health – Moderate exercises increases the production of anti-oxidants and promote blood flow, which protects your skin and delays signs of aging.